Thursday, May 20, 2010

work ethic

In June 2009 I was thrilled to recieve my multiple subject teaching credential. I was student teaching in Pomona Unified during the beginning of the anxiety of pink slips and uncertainties for the future. There I was excited about the future as so many were telling me, "What a bad time to get your credential, huh?" Then I started telling myself, "What a bad time to get your credential."
I spent most of that summer trying to figure out what to do and about mid July I decided to go ahead and put a portfolio together. I knew it was a long shot, but I went to my first school of choice with my portfolio printed on $20 paper and to my surprise I sat down and talked to the principal about a long term postion. I got to start out "my very own classroom", well not exactly, but I started out a classroom.

For three months I was "the teacher" I made out our behavior expectations, daily schedule, and did all the lesson plans. It was exhausting... Nevertheless, everyday I packed up my cart on wheels and set out to teach. It was my first experience in a classroom alone without anyone to tell me, "here's who you do it".


Sites I used for info and support





No comments:

Post a Comment